Nik Software has launched HDR Efex Pro 2 with several updates to the HDR processing program. Nik says that it has improved HDR Efex Pro 2 to be faster, more powerful, deliver more realistic results, and easier to use than ever.
Key new features are listed below.
- NEW: Improved Tone Mapping Engine – Develop superior results with better color rendering and improved natural styles
- UPDATED: Interface, Interaction, and Workflow – Benefit from improvements to the merging interface, tone mapping and enhancement controls, visual presets, and more
- NEW: Depth Control – Enjoy added depth and realism in images with the new and proprietary Depth control, which helps counteract the flattened look commonly associated with HDR images
- NEW: Full GPU Processing and Multi-Core Optimization – Gain even faster performance with GPU processing that takes full advantage of the processors found on modern display adapters
- UPDATED: Ghost Reduction – Improved ghost reduction algorithm ensures that artifacts created by moving objects are removed with a single click
- NEW: Chromatic Aberration Reduction – Reduce color fringes around objects
- NEW: Graduated Neutral Density Control – Access the full 32-bit depth of the merged image, providing a natural effect especially on images with a strong horizon line
- NEW: Full White Balance Control – Take full advantage of the white balance in an image with a new Tint slider, which along with the Temperature slider, can be applied both globally as well as selectively using U Point technology
- NEW: History Browser – Easily review adjustments and different HDR looks via the History Browser which records every enhancement used in an editing session
- NEW: Extended Language Support – International users benefit by the addition of Brazilian Portuguese and Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) to a list of languages that includes English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, and Japanese
HDR Efex Pro 2 lists for $99.95. More info available on Nik’s website.