Some news I missed back during the CES 2013 onslaught was the release of Boris Continuum Complete 8 FxPlug for Final Cut Pro X. Boris Continuum Complete 8 FxPlug offers the popular Boris effects, graphics, templates and transitions to FCP X.
BCC 8 FxPlug is available for $995 direct from Boris. Owners of prior versions of BCC FxPlug can upgrade for $295.
More details on what’s in BCC 8 FxPlug for FCP X in the press release below.
Boston, MA – January 8, 2013 – Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated visual effects and workflow technology for video and film, today announced that Boris Continuum Complete 8 FxPlug (BCC 8 FxPlug) is now available for Apple Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5 in addition to Final Cut Pro 7.
Saving time and post-production budgets, Boris Continuum Complete gives editors and motion graphics artists the power to create high-quality broadcast graphics and perform project-saving image restorations within Final Cut Pro. A whopping 200+ filters include extruded text, 3D particle effects, image restoration and touchup tools, true 3D lens flares and volumetric lighting effects, keys and mattes, color grading tools, time-based effects, blurs, glows, stylish auto-animating transitions, and cinematic effects such as film grain and film process looks.
Boris Continuum Complete 8 FxPlug Feature Highlights for Apple Final Cut Pro X
• New Final Cut Pro X Templates allow editors to quickly achieve powerful VFX with great-looking, easy-to-use Glows, Lights, Particles, and Tilt-Shift effects. In addition to taking advantage of the Final Cut Pro X templates included with BCC 8 FxPlug, editors are able to create their own FCP X templates with BCC FxPlug in Motion 5, and access and reuse these templates in FCP X without going back to Motion 5.
• All-New Final Cut Pro X Transitions. BCC FxPlug features all-new designer transition effects for FCP X ranging from lens flares and lens blurs to organic wipes and dissolves.
• Extrusions for Final Cut Pro X. BCC FxPlug gives FCP X users first-ever access to powerful extrusion filters that make it easy to create 3D objects using text and shapes. The Extruded Text filter creates stunning 3D text elements. Extruded EPS provides an easy way to import and extrude Adobe Illustrator layered vector logos. Type-on Text creates animated text type-ons that fly in from behind or toward the camera or slide into view from the top, left, bottom, or right of the screen. Layer Deformer generates useful 3D shapes such as planes, cubes, spheres, and cylinders and deforms these objects using built-in vertex and pixel shaders.
• Built-in Masking System for Final Cut Pro X. Many BCC FxPlug filters feature PixelChooser, a totally unique built-in masking system. This easy-to-use tool allows editors to selectively apply a BCC filter to video by matting out a portion of the image based on criteria ranging from color channel information to simple geometric shapes.
• Built-in Motion Tracking for Final Cut Pro X. Built-in, automated motion tracking allows editors to animate layers based on one or more user-selected tracking points, facilitating day-to-day tasks such as match-moving, corner pinning, and wire and rig removal.
• Lens Blur Effects for Final Cut Pro X. Multiprocessor-accelerated lens blurring effects allow editors to match looks traditionally achieved by a camera lens aperture setting.
• Versatile, High-Quality Glow Effects. New to BCC 8 FxPlug, the BCC Film Glow filter offers precise threshold control, glow color control, individual X and Y glow width control for vertical or horizontal glows, and even individual glow scale for each color in the image. The filter also provides several useful built-in tools:
• Blend Modes which determine how the glow composites with the image
• PixelChooser for confining the glow source to a specified area of the frame
• Beat Reactor for audio-driven glow effects
• Motion Tracking to track a glow with a PixelChooser-determined region
• Auto-animated, randomized flicker option for the intensity and threshold controls
Pricing and Availability
Boris Continuum Complete 8 FxPlug is immediately available for an MSRP of $995 USD. Owners of previous versions of BCC FxPlug may upgrade for an MSRP of $295 USD. For more information, to purchase, or to download a free 14-day trial version, please visit the Boris FX website at http://www.borisfx.com/Apple/