New rumors suggest that the announcement of a replacement for the Canon 7D may come on Friday, September 5, 2014, which is a week and a half before Photokina 2014 kicks off. We continue to see steep discounts on the original 7D.
There are still several spec rumors floating around for the 7D Mark II (or whatever it will be called) and nothing is really getting trimmed down yet. One solid spec seems to be the EOS 1D X-styled top plate with no Mode dial. Resolution has been rumored between 20-24MP and “advanced” video features have been consistently rumored as well.
If you have any details about the upcoming camera, let us know.
See the below lists of previously rumored specs.
Canon 7D Mark II Rumored Spec Set #1
- 24.1mp APS-C Sensor
- Dual DIGIC V
- Dual Memory Card Slots (Unknown configuration)
- 61 AF Points
- 3.2? LCD
- Build quality like 5D3
- GPS & Wifi
- $2199 ($500 more than the 7D at launch)
- ISO Performance to get close to the 5D3
- “Lots of video features”
- More recent specs suggest the following as more accurate.
Canon 7D Mark II Rumored Spec Set #2
- 20MP sensor
- ISO 100-12,800 (25600 extended)
- 1/8000 shutter
- Quiet shutter mode
- Phase detect AF, 19 area
- 8fps continuous shooting
- Buffer size – 15 raw, 126 JPEG
- 3.0? 1040k dot LCD (touch screen) – not articulated
- Weather sealed (as original 7D)
- 910g weight