The new Leica S features a 30 x 45mm 37.5MP CMOS sensor. It can capture full resolution images at 3.5 fps and up to 4K video capture at 24fps and 4:2:2 color.
The new focal plane shutter has a service life of at least 150,000 cycles. As with the Leica S-E, the focal plane shutter delivers up to 1/4000s shutter speeds, or the electronically controlled central shutter of the CS lenses that allows flash sync at all shutter speeds up to 1/1000s. The AF system has also been revised with higher speed and better tracking of moving subjects.
Leica S Key Features
- 37.5MP 30 x 45mm CMOS Sensor
- Maestro II Image Processor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- 3.0″ 921.6k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Pentaprism 0.87x-Mag. Optical Viewfinder
- 4K Video at 24 fps, 4:2:2 Color
- Up to 3.5 fps Shooting, ISO 6400
- DNG File Format, 16-Bit Color Depth
- Built-In Wi-Fi and GPS Connectivity
- Weather-Sealed Magnesium Alloy Body
The new Leica S should be available in Spring 2015 for $25,400. Check it out here at B&H Photo.