Samsung has released a major firmware update for the new NX1 mirrorless camera. Firmware version 1.20 adds a ton of features and capabilities for shooting video.
The new firmware update version 1.20 includes the following:
- C Gamma and DR Gamma curves added for movie shooting.
- Video master black level control in 31 steps
- Video luminance level limiting [0-255], [16-235], [16-255]
- Video AF responsiveness control in 5 steps (dictates camera”s readiness to change AF subject)
- Wider range of display options, including gridline, center, aspect ratio and action-safe area markers
- Audio levels adjustable during movie capture
- AF / Manual Focus and SAF / CAF toggling in movie mode
- Autofocus lock option in movie mode
- 23.98p and 24p frame rates for 3840×2160 and 1920×1080 video
- ISO adjustable during movie capture
- Wi-Fi and [REC] buttons functions can be swapped
- AF On and AEL buttons functions can be swapped
- Depth of Field Preview and Delete buttons are customizable and additional functions are available on custom buttons.
- Added ISO or Exposure Compensation to command dial (customizable per PASM mode)
- AE and Exposure Compensation improved in M mode
- Trap Shot feature: fires shutter when a subject crosses a specified guideline
- It is now possible to off the NR in Bulb mode
- User can select from four AF area sizes when using CAF + Multi AF
- Checks installs for firmware updates over Wi-Fi
- Fixed minor bugs* Refer to i-Launcher for the full details* Refer to the latest User manual for new function explanation
You can download a copy of the the new firmware and the latest version of the user manual here on Samsung’s website.