Hasselblad’s new A5D series of aerial cameras are available with CCD sensors at 40MP (A5D-40) and 60MP (A5D-60), or with a 50MP CMOS sensor (A5D-50c). The new A5D range is designed with no moving internal parts, which will prevent unintentional movement from aircraft vibration. Special Hasselblad aerial lenses will also be available with locking mounts.
Hasselblad A5D Key Features
- Reduced foot print designed to fit existing POD mountings
- Up to 14 stops Dynamic range ( depending on sensor)
- Improved external connectivity via LEMO connections for DC power, FMS and multiple camera synchronisation
- Secure camera mounting via 4x M4 screws
- Choice of On-board CF storage or external storage via Firewire 800 connection
No word yet on pricing or availability. More details on Hasselblad’s website.