Alongside the new Lumix GX8, Panasonic has also unveiled the new Lumix FZ300 superzoom camera. It features a 12.1MP sensor with a 25-600mm (35mm equivalent) zoom range lens with a constant f/2.8 aperture.
Panasonic Lumix FZ300 Key Features
- 12.1 MP 1/2.3″ MOS Sensor
- Venus Engine Image Processor
- Leica DC Vario-Elmarit f/2.8 Lens
- 25-600mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 1.44m-Dot 0.7x OLED EVF
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Free Angle Touchscreen
- 4K UHD Video Recording at 30 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- ISO 6400, 12 fps Shooting, 4K Photo Mode
- 5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S.+, DFD AF System
The camera also records 4K video at up to 30fps. Additionally, it can do high speed video capture at 120fps in 720p and 240fps at 480p for slow motion effects.
The FZ300 has 5-axis image stabilization and the same, fast AF technology found inside the new GX8. It features a built-in 1.44M-dot resolution EVF and a 3-inch 1.04M-dot res swivel display.
Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to download image and control the camera via the Panasonic Image App.
The Panasonic Lumix FZ300 should be available in October for $600. Check it out here at B&H Photo.