Aside from the new 300mm f/4 lens introduced at CES 2016, the Olympus Stylus Tough TG-870 is the other new photo product from Olympus. It follows last year’s TG-860 with incremental upgrades from the well-regarded tough, point-and-shoot.
New features on the TG-870 include AF-lock, a brighter LCD, new night shooting modes and Art Filters. If none of these features are a deal breaker, then you’ll be able to save a few bucks by picking up the TH-860 as it moves off the shelves to make room for the TG-870.
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-870 Key Features
- 16MP 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS Sensor
- TruePic VII Image Processor
- Olympus 5x Optical Zoom f/3.5-5.7 Lens
- 21-105mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Water, Crush, Shock, Freeze, & Dustproof
- 3.0″ 920k-Dot 180° Tilting LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video at 60 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi & GPS; ISO 6400
- Live Composite Mode; 7 fps Continuous
- Programmable Front Button; AF Lock
The Olympus Stylus Tough TG-870 retails for $870. You can pre-order it here at B&H Photo.