Red Giant just announced Universe 2.1, an update to its collection of GPU-accelerated plugins for editors and motion graphics artists. This update is mostly about text effects.
The update delivers six brand new tools and updates to two existing plugins, including the addition of text effects.
All-new tools in this update include:
- AV Club: Mimic the lo-fi, noisy text found on ancient video tapes, old infomercials and local access cable channel shows.
- Luster: The 1980s are back! Give video text the retro treatment with Luster by applying a metal sheen to text – includes a refraction-based bevel for a glassy simulated 3D look.
- Title Motion: Create text and shapes and then instantly add dynamic animations that bring them on and off screen. Great for titles, lower thirds, callouts and more.
- Ecto: Inspired by the timeless film “Ghostbusters” and Netflix cult-hit “Stranger Things,” Ecto allows artists to create haunting, evolving titles with this glowing, fractal-based effect.
- Long Shadow: Apply a colored, long shadow to text, logo or shape, for both classic and modern motion design.
- Glow Fi II: Give text an ethereal moody look by instantly adding silky smooth, self-animating, fractal-based glow effects to titles. A simple UI make it easy to apply evolving, organic glows.
Red Giant Universe 2.1 is available for $99/year or $20/mo. Check it out here on Red Giant’s website.