The Canon EOS R appears that it will use a new mount, the RF mount, and it will require an adapter in order to use EF lenses with it, which is contrary to previous rumors and speculation. Inside, the camera features a 30.3MP full frame CMOS sensor along with Canon’s famous Dual Pixel AF system.
Canon EOS R Key Features
- JPEG, RAW (14 bit), C-RAW
- Dual pixel RAW support
- 0.71x Magnification EVF
- ISO 100-40,000 (extended ISO 50-102,400)
- 1/8000 to 30 seconds and Bulb Shutter Speed Range
- Up to 8 fps Stills Capture (Servo AF: up to 5 fps)
- 4K/30p, 1080/60p, 720/120p
- 3.15″ Rear LCD with 2.1M-dots touch panel
- E-TTL II Flash System
- SD / SDHC / SDXC card slot
- LP-E6N / LP-E6 Battery
- Dimensions: 135.8 x 98.3 x 84.4mm
- Weight: 660g (including battery / memory card) · 580 g (body only)
Along with the camera, Canon is also expected to announce four new RF lenses at launch, including the RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro, RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, RF 50mm f/1.2L USM and the impressive RF 28-70mm f/2L USM.
We’ll see a lot more of this new camera and system in a couple days. In the mean time, what do you think about the details that have been leaked so far?
[More pics at Canon Rumors.]