After a rather odd prototype leak of one of the lenses, Sony has officially unveiled a pair of super-telephoto lenses in the FE 600mm f/4 GM OSS lens and the FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G OSS lens. [Read more…]
The new super telephoto lenses shave pounds off of their predecessors. The new 500mm weighs in at 6.8 lbs (compared to 8.5 lbs for its precessor), while the new 600mm lens weighs 8.3 lbs (compared to 11.5 lbs for its predecessor). [Read more…]
Canon USA has issued an update on the availability of its 500mm f/4L IS II and 600mm f/4L IS II lenses, which were previously announced in February 2011. Initially, the lenses were set to be available in May and June 2011; however, that was pushed back until December 2011 and ultimately listed as TBD for the availability of both models.
Now, Canon says that both lenses will be available in May 2012. Currently, B&H lists the availability for each lens as April 25, 2012. Check the following links.
Today, Canon announced updated availability dates for five of its delayed EF lenses.
- Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM lens is scheduled to be available in late July 2011
- Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens is scheduled to be available in late August 2011
- Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens is scheduled to be available in late August 2011
- Canon EF 500mm F4L IS II USM lens is scheduled to be available in December 2011
- Canon EF 600mm F4L IS II USM lens is also scheduled to be available in December 2011