It looks like the Sony A7 II specs have leaked out, which should replace the well-received Sony A7. The camera looks to get an improvement in the image stabilization and video departments.
What makes me raise my eyebrow the most is the inclusion of the XAVC S codec. There are no specs concerning video resolution of the A7 II; however, XAVC S is generally seen on Sony cameras that offer 4K video capture. Will Sony bring compressed, in-camera 4K video capture to the A7 line with the new A7 II?
See the full set of what appear to be leaked specs on the A7 II below.
Sony A7 II Leaked Specs
- 35mm full frame Exmor CMOS sensor
- 24.3MP resolution
- 5-axis in-camera shake correction
- 3.0-inch 1.23 million dot tilting LCD monitor
- 107 degrees upward
- tilt 41 degrees down
- EVF 0.5-inch 2.36 million dot
- ISO 100-25600 (extended with ISO 50)
- ISO 200-25600 (for video)
- Shutter speed 30s -1/8000s
- Battery life
- 270 shots for EVF use
- 350 shots for LCD monitor use
- Frame rates
- continuous shooting 2.5 frames / sec.
- When speed-priority continuous shooting 5 frames / sec
- Video formats: XAVC S, AVCHD, MP4
- Battery: NP-FW50
- Size 126.9mm x 95.7mm x 59.7mm
- Weight 599g (including battery and memory)
- Vertical position grip VG -C2EM (sold separately)
- Media Memory Stick PRO Duo / PRO-HG Duo / XC-HG Duo
- SD / SDHC / SDXC (UHS-I compatible)
I think we should see the A7 II and possibly more A7 models introduced at CES 2015 in January. Stay tuned for the latest.