Ricoh has announced its new WG-5 GPS rugged, compact camera. It features a 16MP CMOS sensor and a 4x optical zoom lens (25-100mm equivalent). As evident in the model name, it offers integrated GPS, as well as a digital compass, for geo-tagging images.
Ricoh WG-5 GPS Key Features
- 16MP 1/2.3″ Backlit CMOS Sensor
- Ricoh 4.5-18mm 4x Optical Zoom Lens
- 25-100mm f/2-4.9 Lens (35mm Equivalent)
- Water, Dust, Crush, Shock, and Coldproof
- 3.0″ 460k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- Built-In GPS Module and Digital Compass
- Triple SR Image Stabilization System
- Digital Microscope Mode & Built-In LEDs
- ISO 6400 and Up to 14 fps Shooting
The WG-5 GPS is waterproof to 45 feet, shock-resistant up to 7 feet, dustproof and cold-resistant against temperatures down to -10 degrees C. It is also crushproof against weight up to 220 pounds – so you can sit on it, but not run over it.
The camera has six LED Macro Lights around the circumference of the lens barrel for well-lit macro shots. It also has a 3-inch 460k-dot resolution LCD and can capture 1080p video at 30fps.
The Ricoh WG-5 GPS should be available in March 2015 for $379.95. Check it out here at B&H Photo.