The Leica S (Typ 007) is a revamped version of the medium format DSLR flagship from Leica Camera. It features a 37.5MP CMOS sensor measuring 30 x 45mm and adds video capture with full frame HD and Super 35 format 4K.
Leica S (Typ 007) Key Features
- 37.5MP 30 x 45mm CMOS Sensor
- Maestro II Image Processor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- 3.0″ 921.6k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Pentaprism 0.87x-Mag. Optical Viewfinder
- 4K Video at 24 fps, 4:2:2 Color
- DNG File Format, 16-Bit Color Depth
- Built-In Wi-Fi and GPS Connectivity
- Weather-Sealed Magnesium Alloy Body
The new Leica S features a max burst shooting of 3.5fps and a 2GB buffer memory. It offers shutter speeds up to 1/4000s with the focal plane shutter and can operate with CS lenses thanks to an electronic shutter with flash sync speeds up to 1/1000s. The new shutter offers an increased live to at least 150,000 actuations. Sensitivity is bumped up to ISO 12,500.
Additionally, the camera gets an upgraded AF system with more precise tracking of moving subjects. Built-in WiFi and GPS add wireless connectivity features. The camera captures DNG files and includes Adobe Lightroom.
Lens adapters are available for the S-System to allow use of the Leica S (Typ 007) with Hasselblad H and Contax 645 lenses.
The Leica S retails for $16,900 and will begin shipping this month with availability in the US rolling out through the fall. Check it out here at B&H Photo.