While only running $650-ish for the body, the camera offers a very solid feature set, including a weather-sealed body, built-in WiFi and and sensor-based shake reduction.
The camera uses an 11-point AF system with 9 cross-type sensors and captures 24MP images with its APS-C CMOS sensor as well as 1080p HD video.
Pentax K-70 Key Features
- 24.24MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- PRIME MII Image Processor
- Anti-Aliasing Filter Simulator
- 3.0″ 921k-Dot Vari-Angle LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080i Video at 60 fps
- SAFOX X 11-Point AF with 9 Cross Sensors
- ISO 100-204800, Up to 6 fps Shooting
- Built-In Wi-Fi, Compatible with O-GPS1
- Shake Reduction & Pixel Shift Resolution
- Weather-Resistant Construction
No word yet on when the camera will actually ship but it is available for pre-order for $646.95 now at B&H Photo.