The Sony RX10 IV is the latest in its line of superzoom cameras featuring the popular 20MP 1″ class sensor. This newest addition uses the familiar 24-600mm equivalent zoom lens and adds an incredible 24fps still image capture rate thanks to the BIONZ X processor.
The RX10 IV’s AF system features 315 AF points with on-sensor phase-detection. Impressively, the AF and AE continues to track during the 24fps still image bursts.
Sony RX10 IV Key Features
- 20.1MP 1″ Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
- Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* f/2.4-4 Zoom Lens
- 24-600mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 2.36m-Dot OLED Tru-Finder EVF
- 3.0″ 1.44m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- UHD 4K30 Video, Full HD 1080p at 960 fps
- Fast Hybrid AF System with 315 Points
- ISO 12800 and 24 fps Continuous Shooting
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
The video capture also delivers the goods with 4K video capture at 24p and 30p using Sony’s XAVC-S codec at 100Mbps data rate, along with 1080p at up to 120fps. 4K capture is done with full pixel readout without pixel binning. Additionally, the high speed frame rates offer slow motion capture up to 960fps. You also get a number of other pro-level video features, like S-Log2/S-Gamut 2 and S-Log3/S-Gamut3, as well as Gamma Display Assist. A proxy video mode allows you to capture 720p proxy video alongside your 4K capture.
The RX10 IV features a mic input and headphones output. Additionally, the RX10 IV offers clean HDMI output with uncompressed 4:2:2 video.
The Sony RX10 IV retails for $1699 and will ship in October 2017. You can pre-order it here at B&H Photo.