Today, in the company of the Nikon D60, Nikon announced the new Nikon AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED lens.
New Micro NIKKOR lens for close-up and general photography
Tokyo – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the introduction of the AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED lens featuring a built-in Silent Wave Motor.
This new Micro lens allows photographers to shoot 1:1 life-size close-ups without the need for additional accessories. To ensure superior picture quality at all subject distances from macro to infinity, a host of state-of-the-art, Nikon original optical features and technologies are incorporated. Internal Focusing (IF) design allows faster, smoother autofocusing. Two aspherical lenses are employed to correct spherical aberration and coma. The incorporation of a Nikon’s exclusive Nano Crystal Coat dramatically reduces ghosting and flare caused by internal reflections. An additional ED glass element minimizes chromatic aberration to deliver higher resolution, high-contrast images. All of these factors contribute to the extremely accurate image reproduction capability of the AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED.
The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) built into the lens body ensures?fast, quiet autofocus operation and contributes to the compact, lightweight design. Focus modes include M/A (Manual-priority Auto) to enable rapid switching between autofocus and manual focusing with virtually no time lag, even when the lens is in the process of focusing.
The rounded nine-blade diaphragm opening creates a substantially more natural appearance of out-of-focus background objects.
AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED Major Features
- Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor ensures fast, quiet autofocus operation
- Internal Focusing (IF) design allows faster, smoother autofocusing and eliminates changes in lens barrel length, for consistent handling
- Two aspherical elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of lens aberration, even at the widest aperture
- M/A mode allows rapid switching between autofocus and manual focusing
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element for superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration
- Nano Crystal Coat and high-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating delivers superior color reproduction, while substantially reducing ghosting and flare
- Closest focus distance of approximately 0.185 m (0.6 ft.)
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus objects appear more natural
- Accepts 62 mm filter attachments
AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED Specifications
Focal length 60 mm
Maximum aperture f/2.8
Minimum aperture f/32
Lens construction 12 elements in 9 groups (with one ED glass lens, two aspherical lenses, one with Nano Crystal Coat)
Picture angle 39°40’ (26°30’ with Nikon DX format)
Closest focus distance 0.185 m/0.6 ft. (life-size)
Minimum reproduction ratio 1.0x (life-size)
No. of diaphragm blades 9 (rounded)
Filter/attachment size 62mm
Diameter x length (extension from lens mount) Approx. 73 x 89 mm
Weight Approx. 425 g/15.0 oz.
Supplied accessories 62mm snap-on front lens cap LC-62, Rear lens cap LF-1, Bayonet hood HB-42, Flexible lens pouch CL-1018
Optional accessories 62mm screw-in filters, including circular polarizing filter
[tags]Nikon, AF-S, Micro, NIKKOR, 60mm, f/2.8G, ED, lens[/tags]