Adobe just announced release candidates for Lightroom 5.2 and Camera Raw 8.2.
New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.3 and Camera Raw 8.3 Release Candidates
- Canon PowerShot S120
- Fujifilm XQ1
- Fujifilm X-E2
- Nikon 1 AW1
- Nikon Coolpix P7800
- Nikon D610
- Nikon D5300 (*)
- Olympus OM-D E-M1
- Olympus STYLUS 1 (*)
- Panasonic DMC-GM1
- Phase One IQ260
- Phase One IQ280
- Sony A7 (ILCE-7)
- Sony A7R (ILCE-7R)
- Sony DSC-RX10 (*)
* denotes preliminary support
New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom 5.3 and Camera Raw 8.3 Release Candidates
|Canon EOS M||Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR AW 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR AW 10mm f/2.8|
|Nikon||Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G|
|Nikon||Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM A013|
|Sigma||Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM A013|
|Sony||Sony E 20mm F2.8|
|Sony||Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS|
Additionally, a number of bug fixes were implemented in Lightroom 5.3 Release Candidate.
Camera Raw 8.3 RC for Photoshop CC includes the following new features:
- Whites and Blacks now support Auto Levels-like functionality via shift-double-click on the sliders.
- Separate Auto Temperature and Auto Tint feature. Shift-double-click to invoke “auto temperature” and “auto tint” separately.
- Ability to option-click shortcut in Synchronize, New Preset, Save Settings, and Copy/Paste (Bridge) dialog boxes. Option-click a checkbox to check that box exclusively. Option-click again to toggle previous checkbox state.
- Set the background color of the work area. Context-click outside the image in the work area to select a background color from a popup menu.
Camera Raw 8 for CS6 will be getting no additional features – only bug fixes and new camera support for the life of Photoshop CS6.
You can download the release candidates at the following links from Adobe Labs:
Remember, these are release candidates, which means they’ve been pretty well tested and Adobe thinks they are ready for full release; however, it’s recommended that you keep production work to prior versions until the official releases drop. Expect those to come soon though. Release candidates mean that the final versions are just around the corner.