Recent rumors have pointed to a new Zeiss sub-brand, Loxia, for Sony full frame E-mount cameras (e.g., Sony A7R and A7S) coming soon. Full disclosure is expected to happen for Photokina 2014 coming up next month. In the mean time, we have a leaked image of the Zeiss Loxia 50mm f/2 Planar lens.
The Zeiss Loxia line is expected to be similar to the Zeiss Touit lenses made for Sony E-mount and Fuji X-mount APS-C mirrorless cameras.
Expect more official details soon. For now, see the rumored/leaked specs below.
Zeiss Loxia 50mm f/2 Planar Lens Specs
- Planar® with 6 lens elements in 4 groups
- Focal length 50 mm
- Aperture range f/2.0–f/22
- Elements/groups 6/4
- Focusing range m/ft 0.45–?/1.48–?
- Field angle* (diag./horiz./vert.) 46.78°/39.38°/26.70°
- Coverage** mm/inch 255.1 x 168.3/10.04 x 6.63