Hasselblad has announced its new H5X camera body, which is compatible with Hasselblad H System lenses and backs, as well as film backs and most third-party digital backs.
The H5X is largely intended to serve as a backup body for H5D users. It retails for €4,595 without viewfinder and €5,795 with viewfinder.
More details in the press release below.
Hasselblad has announced the launch of a new and exclusive medium format camera body.
The highly versatile H5X has been developed primarily for H1, H2, H2F and H4X photographers who seek H5 capability – and also as a backup body for H5D users.
The H5X, which boasts latest capture functionality and works seamlessly with Hasselblad’s world-leading H System lenses, comes after the spring launch of the world’s first 50MP CMOS Sensor H5D-50c camera and the summer launch of the new H5D-50c MS, H5D-200c MS and the CFV-50c CMOS digital back.
Hasselblad will showcase the new H5X at photokina (Sep 16-21: Hall 02.1 Stands AO21, BO20, AO10).
Michele Channer, Hasselblad International Sales Director said: “This cutting edge camera body, which can be purchased with no trade-in required, further extends the Hasselblad capture palette for photographers. Based on the widely-acclaimed H5D range this unit is compatible not only with most of the digital backs from older H System products but also most of the third party digital backs. Additionally, photographers who love shooting film now have access to this highly advanced camera body.”
She added: “Photographers choosing the H5X can embrace the unique and comprehensive Hasselblad lens range – and for third party digital backs, the new body offers the same functionality as the H4X.”
The H5X, which will retail at €4,595 without viewfinder (or €5,795 with viewfinder) excluding tax, provides the same extensive functionality as the H1 and H2 cameras but with a number of new functions, including:
- True Focus – which enables photographers to concentrate completely on creativity without worrying about focus mechanics.
- Full HC and HCD lens compatibility, including HCD 24; HCD 28 and the HCD 35-90 zoom lens.
- HVD 90x viewfinder optimised for 36×48 mm format.
- HV 90x-II viewfinder optimised for the film and 40.2×53.7 mm format.
- High power AF illumination.
- The H5X features eight memory banks for easy access to previously saved camera settings.
- All new programmable button options available with an H5D sensor unit (not with third party backs).
Other H5X highlights include:
- Tilt/Shift solution with six lenses using the HTS 1.5x Tilt/Shift adapter.
- Superior viewfinder options.
- H5D design on grip and grip display, for improved handling and readability.
- Backup camera for H5D users.