Adobe has announced its annual refresh of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements with new features geared toward automation for the consumer users.
Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 and Adobe Premiere Elements 13 try to take out some of the tedious editing processes for photos and video footage, respective. Check out the new features lists for each of the applications below.
Photoshop Elements 13 New Features
- Better Photo Mashups – Copying people or objects from one photo to another is a consumer favorite and is now as easy as copy and paste with new Photomerge Compose. Used in conjunction with the new Refine Selection Brush for precise selections and Adobe’s Match Color Tone that automatically blends lighting and shading, the final photo will look as if it had been taken that way.
- Stand Out with an Innovative Facebook Page – Easily combine Facebook Cover and Profile photos with text and graphics to create an integrated layout that’s sure to get noticed.
- Black and White Photos with Personality – Three new Guided Edits add flair to black and white photos with pops of color or fine-tuning for a more dramatic approach.
- Fifty Stylish Ways to Customize Photos – Building on to the most popular enhancements in Expert mode, new Effects Variations offers four additional options per look for a total of 50 ways to tailor photos in a single click.
- Crop Photos Like a Pro – Improve photos with Intelligent Crop Suggestions, a tool that analyzes faces, horizons and other photographic elements to recommend four different crops based on the rules of composition.
Premiere Elements 13 New Features
- Minimize Time Spent Trimming Footage – Use Favorite Moments to mark the best parts of a clip, and then assemble them into a short movie ready for sharing.
- Introduce a Little Hollywood Flare – Add video footage to movie titles with Video in Titles or apply a blur or other popular effects to specific areas of the frame with Effects Masking.
- Steady Shaky Footage – The popularity of shooting video with hand-held smartphones and action cameras is at an all-time high but often results in shaky footage. With the enhanced Shake Stabilizer it’s easy to steady shaky video in seconds.
- Produce a Perfect Tale in Minutes – Themes based on various occasions, such as Wedding and Birthdays, walk users through the process of building a compelling video. Video Story automatically assembles the clips, adds transitions and music based on the chosen theme for a polished finished piece.
- Transform Humdrum Into Something Special – From within the Elements Organizer, add photos and videos into a themed slideshow complete with transitions and automated music, or choose an MP3 from a personal collection. Slideshow will sync the pace based on the beat of the selected song.
Additionally, both applications feature a new Elements Live portal that serves up tips, tricks and inspiration from within the application.
Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 are available for $99.99 each or can be purchased for $149.99 as a combo. Upgrade pricing is $79.99 for an individual application or $119.99 for the combo. Check them both out here at B&H Photo.