Apple has released Final Cut Pro X 10.1.4, which adds native MXF support as well as several other updates.
The complete list of updates in Final Cut Pro 10.1.4 is as follows:
- Native MXF import, edit, and export with Pro Video Formats 2.0 software update
- Option to export AVC-Intra MXF files
- Support for import and editing with Panasonic AVC-LongG media
- Fixes issues with automatic library backups
- Fixes a problem where clips with certain frame rates from Canon and Sanyo cameras would not import properly
- Resolves issues that could interrupt long imports when App Nap is enabled
- Stabilization and Roller Shutter reduction works correctly with 240fps video
Pro Video Formats 2.0 adds the following MXF support:
- Native import, edit, and share of MXF files with Final Cut Pro X and Motion
- MXF share presets for Compressor
- MXF OP1a export
The MXF Compressor presets are available in FCP X even if you don’t have Compressor installed; however, it you want to modify those presets, you’ll need Compressor to do so.
The Final Cut Pro X 10.1.4 and Pro Video Formats 2.0 updates are available through the Mac App Store.