The Olympus OM-D E-M5II specs appear to have leaked out in full.
Olympus OM-D E-M5II Specs
- Magnesium alloy body
- Dust and water resistant
- 16MP sensor
- 40MP Hi-Res composite from 8 shots at 0.5 pixel step
- TruePic VII image processing engine
- 5-axis stabilization on sensor (up to 5-stops correction)
- 1080p at 60p or 24p
- Up to 77Mbps bit rate video
- 1.04-million dot Vari-angle LCD
- Built-in WiFi w/ smartphone control
It looks like a very impressive Micro Four Thirds camera. The 40MP composite images sounds very cool. I think we’re about to enter the next big leap in camera resolutions with this and the next Canon DSLR rumored to sport a 53MP sensor.
Along with the new camera, we also expect to see a new Olympus 14-150mm f/4-5.6 II lens unveiled.
The Olympus OM-D E-M5II should be announced on February 5.