Someone left me a comment with a link featuring the above Nikon mirrorless camera image. I can’t say whether its an official image of the coming Nikon V1 or J1; however, it looks pretty consistent with past specs and mockups that we’ve seen.
The machine translation for the originating blog post doesn’t reveal much about the origin of this image. If you can translate and help clear this, up please leave a comment below. If you have any other thoughts or info about the authenticity of the above image, feel free comment as well.
The Nikon V1 and J1 are rumored to feature a 2.7x crop sensor dubbed as Nikon’s CX format. The new cameras are expected to feature a 10.1MP image sensor and capture 1080p HD video.
Additional key specs are rumored as follows:
- ISO 100-3200 (ext. to ISO 6400)
- Phase-difference and Contrast AF
- 3? LCD
- High-res EVF (V1 only)
- Built-in flash (J1 only)
- Accessory port for external flash, GPS, etc. (V1 only)
- F-mount adapter available
- EXPEED 3 Image Processor
Four lenses are rumored to be available at launch with the Nikon V1 and J1.
- 10mm f/2.8 Pancake (equiv. 27mm)
- 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 VR (equiv. 27-81mm)
- 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 VR (like this one) (equiv. 27-270mm)
- 30-110mm VR (equiv. 81-297mm)