The Panasonic Lumix G5 is the latest Micro Four Thirds camera and it sports a 16MP image sensor with full time live view and a 3-inch touch screen LCD. In addition to 16MP RAW image files, the new G5 also captures 1080/60p HD video with 150 minutes max clip time when shooting AVCHD video.
The G5 is packaged with a 14-42mm kit lens for $799 and is available here at B&H Photo.
Alongside the G5, Panasonic also announced a new 45-150mm HD zoom lens, priced at $299 and available in both black and silver.
Panasonic Lumix G5 Key Specs
- 16.05 MP Live MOS Sensor
- Redesigned Venus Engine Image Processor
- 3.0″ Touch Screen Tiltable-Rotatable LCD
- Digital Single Lens Mirrorless Camera
- Full HD 1080 60p Video
- Contrast AF, Touch AF and Light Speed AF
- Live View Finder with Eye Sensor
- Electronic Silent Shutter Mode
- 14 Adjustable In-camera Filters
- Includes Lumix-G Vario 14-42mm Lens
Panasonic made small but effective improvements, this is really good improvement over G3. It also gives %95 of what Olympus OM-D offers for %60 of the price. Here is a comparison of G5 and G3:
Sorta looks like the handgrip is bigger than the one on the G3. That’s a good thing in itself, (for me, anyway) but maybe it also means they’ve gone back to the bigger and stronger battery of the G1/G2?
Also, did I completely miss the G4? Why G3 to G5?