Impossible Project has launched a Kickstarter campaign to build an instant Polaroid printer for your iPhone that prints images directly from your iPhone’s screen.
The design is rather straightforward. Pull up an image on your iPhone. Place the iPhone face down on the Impossible Instant Lab and press the shutter button on the Instant Lab. Then, your print ejects from the Instant Lab.
Check out the overview in the Kickstarter project video below.
The Impossible Instant Lab looks to easily reach its $250k funding goal on Kickstarter. The first batch of Instant Lab devices quickly sold out at a $149 price. Additional units are available at $189 and up. The retail price for the Instant Lab is $299 if/when it finally hits the market.
Impossible Instant Lab Specs
- Dimensions (metric): collapsed 148mm long x 111mm wide x 62mm tall; expanded 176mm tall
- Dimensions (english): collapsed 5.8″ long x 4.3″ wide x 2.4″ tall; expanded 6.9″ tall
- Micro-processor-controlled film development unit with Smart Charger
- Li-Ion rechargable battery – 150(!) development cycles with one charge
- Cradle for iPhone4/4S and iPhone5
- Compatible with instant film for Polaroid 600 and SX 70 cameras