The Phottix Odin TTL Flash Trigger for Sony will start to ship this week. Here are the key features:
- Wireless 2.4GHz. TTL and Manual Flash Triggering
- Remote power control of groups in TTL with +/- EV adjustments (3 stops in 1/3 stop increments – 18 different levels.)
- Remote manual mode flash power control with 1/3 stop adjustments
- Remote flash head zoom adjustments – auto or manual
- Mix TTL and Manual flash – fire some groups in TTL, others as manual
- Remote power control in A:B ratio modes with +/- EV adjustments
- High speed sync – shutter speeds up to 1/8000 sec.
- Second curtain sync functions
- Compatible with Phottix Strato 4-in-1, Phottix Strato II Multi 5-in-1 Wireless Triggers and Phottix Atlas II Triggers
- Upgradeable firmware via built-in USB port.
Now that they’ve made a TTL trigger with that ridiculous, backwards mount, Sony unloads the A99 and RX1 with a standard ISO hot shoe. I talked to Phottix about this and was told that they are actively evaluating Sony’s new move and when update us once their R&D team has had time to assess the new Sony system. In the mean, their are a whole lot of Sony Alpha shooters out their with the old Minolta mount that can make immediate use of these new triggers.
Check out the Phottix Online Store, Amazon or Adorama for Phottix products.