B&H has the Vello FreeWave Fusion Wireless Flash Trigger & Remote for $39.95 (reg. $79.95) as one of its Deal Zone deals for today only. Check it out while it lasts here at B&H Photo.
RadioPopper has released its new Nano transmitter and receiver units at a low price point of just $69.95 each. With a max range of over 1750′, the Nano sports four channels for dumb slave triggering to a hot shoe or a sync port.
One receiver can trigger two lights simultaneously by using both the hot shoe and sync port. The RadioPopper Nano is also compatible with the RadioPopper RP, PX and JrX units. You can find the RadioPopper Nano here at Adorama.[vimeo https://vimeo.com/70584597 w=640&h=360]
PocketWizard has introduced their most affordable radio trigger yet – the PlusX.
At $99, the PlusX has the same core features as what you will find in the more expensive PlusIII units. The PlusX has the same range and reliability specs as the Plus III; however, the interface is dumbed down a bit with a manual dial for changing the 10 standard channels (compared to 32 channels on the Plus III). These channels are compatible with other PocketWizard models and strobe units that are PocketWizard-enabled with built-in radios. [Read more…]
Phottix has unveiled its new Strato TTL trigger for Canon, Nikon and Sony. The Strato TTL trigger is a 4-channel 2.4GHz transmitter and receiver set with full TTL functionality for speedlights. [Read more…]
The Phottix Odin TTL Flash Trigger for Sony will start to ship this week. Here are the key features:
- Wireless 2.4GHz. TTL and Manual Flash Triggering
- Remote power control of groups in TTL with +/- EV adjustments (3 stops in 1/3 stop increments – 18 different levels.)
- Remote manual mode flash power control with 1/3 stop adjustments
- Remote flash head zoom adjustments – auto or manual
- Mix TTL and Manual flash – fire some groups in TTL, others as manual
- Remote power control in A:B ratio modes with +/- EV adjustments
- High speed sync – shutter speeds up to 1/8000 sec.
- Second curtain sync functions
- Compatible with Phottix Strato 4-in-1, Phottix Strato II Multi 5-in-1 Wireless Triggers and Phottix Atlas II Triggers
- Upgradeable firmware via built-in USB port.
Now that they’ve made a TTL trigger with that ridiculous, backwards mount, Sony unloads the A99 and RX1 with a standard ISO hot shoe. I talked to Phottix about this and was told that they are actively evaluating Sony’s new move and when update us once their R&D team has had time to assess the new Sony system. In the mean, their are a whole lot of Sony Alpha shooters out their with the old Minolta mount that can make immediate use of these new triggers.