Nikon is bringing the Nikon 1 J4 to the US after introducing it during the middle of NAB 2014 last month for other markets around the world.
The J4, like the Nikon 1 J3, still offers several powerful features though for such a compact camera. Of course, it retains the 1? class sensor for a 2.7x crop factor (also known as Nikon’s CX format). The sensor is an 18MP CMOS with a Hybrid AF that sports 105 phase detect AF points on the sensor.
It will capture 20fps still images in burst shooting mode with continuous AF. If you don’t need continuous AF, the J4 can capture 60fps without AF. The sensitivity range is ISO 160-12800. It also captures 1080/60p video.
Nikon 1 J4 Key Features
- 18.4MP CX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4A Image Processor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- 3.0″ 1,037k-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Built-in Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Hybrid AF System
- 20 fps Shooting with Full-Time AF
It seems to be a mild, yet steady, upgrade from the Nikon 1 J3 on the spec side, but takes a more squared-off design than the J3, which you can see below.
The Nikon 1 J4 should be available later this month in several body and lens combo colors (black, white, silver and orange). There are three kits options to choose from:
- With 1 NIKKOR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-Zoom lens: $649.95
- With 1 NIKKOR 10-100mm f/4.0-5.6 VR lens: $849.95
- With the 1 NIKKOR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-Zoom lens and 1 NIKKOR VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 lens: $1,049.95
Check them all out here at B&H Photo.