The Leica S-E is a new medium format camera featuring a 30 x 45mm sensor at 37.5MP. It is the entry-level model for the Leica S medium format system.
The system’s unique dual-shutter concept offers photographers the choice of using the camera’s focal plane shutter with speeds up to 1/4000s or the electronically controlled central shutter of the CS lenses that allows flash sync at shutter speeds up to 1/1000s.
In addition to the 10 lenses currently available in the S-sytem, Leica offers two adapters that allow users to mount Contax 645 and Hasselblad H lenses on Leica S-system cameras, including the new Leica S-E.
Leica S-E Key Specs
- 37.5MP 30 x 45mm CCD Sensor
- Maestro I Image Processor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- 3.0″ 921.6k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Pentaprism 0.86x-Mag. Optical Viewfinder
- Up to 1.5 fps Shooting, ISO 1600
- 12-Stop Dynamic Range
- DNG File Format, 16-Bit Color Depth
- Weather-Sealed Magnesium Alloy Body
- Anthracite Cover, Silver Anodized Dial
The Leica S-E should be available later this month for $16,900. Check it out here at B&H Photo.