Hasselblad has announced an upgraded H5D-50c will be available with WiFi in November. The new function allows users to control the camera and browse images using the Hasselblad Phocus Mobile app for iPad and iPhone.
Additional new features for the updated H5D-50c include the following:
- Live View: See a live image on the rear LCD even when the camera is untethered.
- Capture rate: The capture rate now enables 50 captures per minute.
- Longest exposure time: The longest shutter speed is now 34 minutes. And no extra black exposure is necessary.
- Film: Now you can use film magazines on the H5D-50c.
- Spirit level: Employ the built-in electronic spirit level even in tethered mode.
- Display modes: Select different display modes even when the camera is tethered.
- ISO and White Balance: Settings now available on viewfinder display.
Hasselblad is also offering current H5D-50c users the ability to upgrade their camera for the new WiFi version for €500 between January and March 2015. Otherwise, all features other than WiFi will be available to H5D-50c and CFV-50c owners as a firmware upgrade shortly after Photokina.
The new H5D-50c with WiFi will retail for €21,400. No word on exact US pricing; however, it should be close to the $27,500 price of the previous H5D-50c model.