Panasonic has released a firmware update for the Lumix FZ1000. Firmware version 2.0 provides the following updates to the 4K-capable camera:
1. [4K PHOTO] mode is added which records 4K video exclusively for capturing a frame to save as a photo.
- Settings can be adjusted as below when entering this mode.
- Rec Format : MP4
- Rec Quality : 4K/30p/100Mbps [NTSC], 4K/25p/100Mbps [PAL]
- Luminance Level:0-255
- In addition to 16:9 aspect, 4:3/3:2/1:1 can be selected.
- Exif information is embedded to the captured image from the 4K video.
- Marking function is available enables marker setting on the designated point while recording video and users can jump to the markers when playing back the video to capture the frame they want.
2. 4K/24p/100Mbps mode is added in MP4 video recording.
3. [Shutter Tone] is added to [BEEP] menu.
You can download the update here on Panasonic’s website.