Tascam recently announced the DR-60DmkII as an update to its first edition of the unique form-factor audio recorder. The DR-60DmkII gets new mic preamps with up to 64db of gain for recording on quiet sets.
Tascam DR-60DmkII Key Features
- Records 4 Channels Simultaneously
- Camera & Tripod Mountable
- Records up to 24-bit/96kHz WAV/BWF Files
- 2 Combo XLR/TRS & 1 Stereo 1/8″ Inputs
- Supports High-Output Microphones
- Supplies Phantom & Plug-In Power
- Camera Output with Level Control
- Built-In Mixer
- Powered by 4 AA Batteries
- Records to SD or SDHC Cards
The recorder maintains its HDSLR-centric design with the 1/4-20 mounting plate that allows it to be attached to the bottom of a DSLR. While it can deliver phantom power to shotgun mics, it will also attenuate the signal down to mic level before passing it to the camera’s mic port.
The Tascam DR-60DmkII also retains its affordable price and launches at $199.99. Check it out here at B&H Photo.