Sigma has announced its new 24-35mm f/2 DG HSM Art lens for Canon, Nikon and Sigma mounts.
The new 24-35mm zoom is the second large aperture zoom lens Sigma has launched recently. It follows the impressive Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art lens for APS-C cameras and is the first time we’ve seen an f/2 zoom for a full frame DSLR.
Sigma claims that optical performance of the new zoom lens is comparable to Sigma’s 24mm F1.4 DG HSM Art and 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art lenses. As such, Sigma suggests that it can replace 24mm, 28mm and 35mm prime lenses in your camera bag with this single zoom lens.
Sigma 24-35mm f/2 DG HSM Art Key Features
- Large-diameter, aspherical lens elements, which require advanced technologies to produce, one “F” Low Dispersion (FLD) glass, and seven Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass elements with two aspherical lenses. The advanced optics and optimized lens power distribution minimizes spherical aberration, axial chromatic aberration and field curvature, resulting in outstanding optical performance
- A video-friendly, inner focusing system that eliminates front-lens rotation, enhancing the lens’ stability and allowing use of circular polarizing filters
- A Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) that ensures a silent, high-speed AF function. Smoother AF is achieved when the this AF algorithm is optimized
- Full-time MF by rotating the focus ring of the lens while auto focusing
- A nine-blade, rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur to the out-of-focus areas of the image
- Specifications: Lens construction containing 18 elements in 13 groups; a weight of 33.2 ounces; a diameter and length of 3.4 inches by 4.8 inches, respectively; a minimum aperture of F16; and angle of view (35mm) of 84.1° to 63.4°; minimum focusing distance of 11 inches; and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:4.4
The Sigma 24-35mm f/2 DG HSM Art lens is compatible with Sigma’s USB DOCK, which allows photographers to update the lens’ firmware, adjust focus points and customize full-time MF function settings by using Sigma’s Optimization Pro software.
No word yet on price but it is expected to ship in late July. Check it out here at B&H Photo.