The Fujifilm X-A5 is a new entry-level mirrorless camera that has a 24MP APS-C sensor and an improved processor that’s 1.5x faster than its predecessor. It also sports a new Fujinon XC 15-45mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS PZ kit lens in the $599 kit and is the first Fuji lens to sport a power zoom design. The X-A5 is available with black, pink or brown grips.
Fuji X-A5 Key Features
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- 3.0″ 1040k-Dot Tilting LCD Touchscreen
- UHD 4K Recording; Full HD at 60 fps
- Hybrid AF System with Phase-Detection
- 4K Burst Function for Stills at 15 fps
- Multi Focus Mode for Focus Stacking
- Maximum ISO of 12,800
- Compact, Weighs 1.1 lb with Kit Lens
- Bluetooth Connectivity for File Transfer
As you can see from the promo video above, the X-A5 is marketed toward the casual photographer who wants a little more flexbility and quality then you get from your smartphone. The size and weight of the X-A5 help it compete for space in a purse, coat pocket or satchel, while the 180° display and Bluetooth connectivity help get your photos to your smartphone for easier sharing online.
The Fuji X-A5 kit ships on February 8 for $599.95. You can pre-order it here at B&H Photo.
The new lens will be available on its own later for $299.95. Check it out here at B&H Photo.