After more than two years of waiting, I have a feeling we’re at a tipping point with medium format. The Fuji GFX 50R is a new medium format digital camera with a 51.4MP CMOS sensor in a rangefinder-style form factor. Most noteworthy is its price of $4499.95.
Fuji GFX 50R Key Features
- 51.4MP 43.8 x 32.9mm CMOS Sensor
- X-Processor Pro Image Processor
- Built-In 3.69m-Dot 0.77x OLED EVF
- 3.2″ 2.36m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- Bluetooth Low Energy Connectivity
- Film Simulation Modes
- Dual SD Memory Card Slots
The camera features a weather-sealed magneiums alloy body that is weather- and dust-resistant and capable of operating in temperatures as low as 14°F. The dual SD card slots support UHS-II cards, which are recommended for best performance.
The Fuji GFX 50R weighs 775g, which is 145g less than the GFX 50S. It also lets you transfer images to your smartphone with its Bluetooth connectivity and the Fujifilm Camera Remote app.
The GFX 50R ships in November for $4499.95. You can pre-order it here at B&H Photo.