The Samsung MV900F is a new Wi-Fi enabled point and shoot camera, which also sports a 180-degree display. The MV900F features a 16MP backside-illuminated CMOS sensor and also captures 1080/60p HD video.
With similar connected functionality to the new Panasonic SZ5, the Samsung MV900F allows you to share photos instantly. However, the Samsung model does not appear to be equipped with the ability to integrate with any iOS or Android model (like the SZ5). Instead, the MV900F interfaces with Samsung’s line of SMART televisions, Blu-ray players, mobile PCs and smartphones. That said, you can share directly to Facebook, Photobucket, YouTube and other online services directly from the camera via Wi-Fi.
The 3.3-inch AMOLED display flips up on top of the camera for a 180-degree view from the front of the camera – as opposed to the more traditional tilt/swivel displays that swing out to the left side.
The Samsung MV900F retails for $349, ships in August 2012 and is available here at B&H Phot0.
Samsung MV900F Key Features
- 16MP BSI CMOS Sensor
- 3.3″ WVGA AMOLED Touchscreen
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 Video at 60 fps
- Dual Capture Photo and Full HD Video
- Self-Portrait Features & Shooting Modes
- Integrated Wi-Fi & Direct Connect Button
- Capture Images via Gesture or Remote VF
- Social Media Sharing & Auto Backup
- Easy Photo Editing In-Camera
More details in the press release below. [Read more…]