Sony has announced that Alpha A68 SLT camera will be making its way to the US in April 2016. It has been quite a long time since the US market saw an A-mount camera and we’ve wondered whether the A-mount system was dead.
When Sony announced the A68 for Europe last month, there was no mention of US availability, which helped fuel speculation of the Sony A-mount’s demise. With this announcement, however, Sony is again bringing hope that the A-mount system will live on and the A68 is a reasonably-spec’d camera (featuring Sony’s 4D AF system) at a reasonable price point.
Sony A68 Key Features
- 24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Translucent Mirror Technology
- SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilization
- 2.7″ 460.8k-Dot Tilting LCD Screen
- 0.39″ 1,440k-Dot OLED Tru-Finder
- Full HD 1080p30 Video with XAVC S Format
- 79-Point Phase-Detection AF System
- ISO 25600 and Shooting Up to 8 fps
- Top Display Panel & Rear Control Wheel
The Sony A68 will retail for $599 for the body only and $699 when paired with the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 SAM II kit lens. Check it out here at B&H Photo.