Canon has announced the RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM lens for the Canon EOS R line of full frame, mirrorless cameras. This is the sixth lens in the RF product line. It offers a 10x zoom range and is equipped with Nano USM for the best of both worlds in still and video autofocus.
Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM Key Features
- Nano USM AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer and Dynamic IS
- Customizable Control Ring
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.64 feet/0.50 meters at wide angle and 2.56 feet/0.78 meters at telephoto
- Maximum magnification of 0.26x at telephoto
- Approximate weight of 750 grams/26.4 ounces
- Customizable control ring that allows photographers to adjust exposure compensation, shutter speed, aperture or ISO
- 21 lens elements in 15 groups including one Aspheric and Two UD Lens
- 12-pin communication system
The Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM lens will be available in September for $899 and is available for pre-order now. Check it out here at B&H Photo.
Canon will also offer a new EOS RP kit that includes the RF 24-240mm lens for $2199. Check it out here at B&H Photo.