SLR Magic has announced a new HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 lens for Micro Four Thirds cameras. It is a mechanical upgrade over the original 12mm T1.6 CINE lens redesigned to better suit cinema needs with gearing on the aperture and focus rings; however, the optical design remains the same.
The new design fits more appropriately in the family of other SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE lenses with the 25mm T0.95, 35mm T0.95 and 35mm T1.4 II.
The SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 should be available in November 2013. No word on pricing yet; however, the previous 12mm CINE lens sold for $549, so that should be a good jumping off point to guesstimate the new lens price.
SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 Lens Technical Data
- Lens Type – Ultra Fast wide-angle lens with three Tantalum glass elements to ensure superior cinematic performance.
- Mount – Micro Four Thirds (MFT)
- Lens Construction – 12 elements in 10 groups
- Minimum Focus Distance – 0.15M
- No. of Diaphragm Blades – 12 aperture blades (circular)
- Filter Thread – Internal thread for SLR Magic 58/77 RING (optional) lens hood for 77mm filter; filter mount does not rotate.
- Lens Hood – SLR Magic 58/77 RING (optional)
- Finish – Black anodised
- Dimensions (L x D) – 73/81mm (without/with lens hood) x 60/79mm (without/with lens hood)
- Weight (g) – 370
[…] Source […]