An image of Canon’s upcoming G7 X pocket camera has leaked out a couple days early. The new G7 X is rumored to feature a 1″ sensor, which will pit the camera directly against the Sony RX100 line.
Along with the photo comes a spec list that appears to verify the 1″ sensor rumor.
Canon G7 X Specs
- 20MP CMOS 1″ format sensor
- 24-100mm equivalent f/1.8-2.8 lens
- Optical image stabilization
- 5-axis shake reduction for video capture
- DIGIC 6 image processor
- 31-point AF
- Touchscreen tilting LCD at 1.04M-dot resolution
- Pop-up flash
- Exposure compensation dial
- Control ring for shooting mode
- Built-in ND filter
- 1080/60p video
- Manual video controls
- Stereo audio
- Smartphone remote control
Frankly, this is what Canon should have released two years ago. Canon is late to the game again. Hopefully, this will be perform above and beyond the high expectations I have for it and make it worth the wait. I just hope Canon doesn’t price it out of the arena of the competition. I want one; however, I’m not going to pay the premium for the Canon name if they go stupid on pricing.
We should know in a couple days.