A couple weeks back at CES 2015, Fuji unveiled it a new X-Series lens – the Fuji XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR. It provides an equivalent field of view to a 24-84mm lens on a full frame camera, which sounds pretty great at f/2.8 all the way through.
It’s a weather-sealed lens with 14 sealing points and dust-proof design. It’s made to pair nicely with the weather-sealed Fuji X-T1.
Fuji XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR Lens Key Features
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-resistant design with 14 sealing points
- 0.06 seconds autofocus speed and nearly silent operation
- Uses 17 elements in 12 groups, including 3 aspherical lens elements to control spherical aberration and distortion, and 3 ED glass lens elements to reduce lateral and axial chromatic aberration
- Nano-GI coating alters the refractive index between glass and air to reduce ghosting and flare
- 9 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- 1/3 EV steps
- Minimum working distance of less than 12 inches
The Fuji XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR lens retails for $1199.95 and should be available in February 2015. Check it out here at B&H Photo.