The Panasonic Lumix S5 II and S5 IIX are 24MP full-frame cameras with impressive video specs and improved autofocus.
Panasonic Lumix S5 II Key Features
- 24.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- 6K30p 4:2:0 10-Bit Video Recording
- C4K/4K60p 4:2:2 10-Bit Unlimited
- 3.68m-Dot 0.78x-Magnification OLED LVF
- 3.0″ 1.84m-Dot Tilt/Free-Angle Touch-LCD
- 779-Point Phase-Detection AF System
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- ISO 100-51200, up to 30 fps Shooting
- Dual UHS-II SD Slots; Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- Weather-Sealed Construction
The S5 II captures up to 6K 30p video and features a new 779-point phase-detection AF system. It continues to build the L-Mount Alliance with Leica and Sigma. It looks like an impressive outing from Panasonic at a reasonable price of $1997 for the body-only. It’s available for pre-order now and expected to ship at the end of January. Check it out here at B&H Photo.
The S5 IIX is a supercharged version of the S5 II with enhanced video features that include HDMI RAW video data output, USB-SSD recording, ALL-Intra recording, and ProRes recording. It retails for $2197 and should ship at the end of May 2023. Check it out here at B&H Photo.