B&H has the new Panasonic GH5S in stock and shipping out to customers today. The GH5S features a 10.28MP sensor and shoots DCI 4K/60p and 1080/240p video. It’s built for a low-light and video shooting with a 10.3MP Micro Four Thirds image sensor. Check it out here at B&H Photo.
Panasonic unveiled its new Lumix GH5S this week at CES 2018. It’s built for a low-light and video shooting with a 10.3MP Micro Four Thirds image sensor. It looks a lot like Panasonic’s version of Sony’s A7S product line.
Panasonic Lumix GH5S Key Features
- 10.28MP Multi Aspect Ratio MOS Sensor
- DCI 4K60p and Full HD 1080/240p Video
- Internal 4:2:2 10-Bit Long GOP
- V-Log L Gamma and HDR Hybrid Log Gamma
- 0.76x 3.68m-Dot OLED Viewfinder
- 3.2″ 1.62m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen
- Dual Native ISO 400 and ISO 2500
- Dual UHS-II SD Slots; Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- Advanced DFD AF System
- 12 fps Cont. Shooting and 4K PHOTO Modes
Note the key features mostly highlight the video features and reinforces its position as a camera made for the video enthusiasts and pros. Nonetheless, it is still a full featured photography tool that captures 10.3MP RAW image files and up to 12fps. However, it’s worth noting that Panasonic did not include the sensor-shift stabilization inside the GH5S in order to avoid problems with sensor movement during video capture.
The Panasonic GH5S retails for $2499 and should be available in February. You can pre-order it and get the full spec list here at B&H Photo.