Really Nice Images announced it has released a new generation of it’s film-emulating preset package ‘All Films’ for Adobe Lightroom users. After studying a number of archive samples, Really Nice Images recreated some really old film looks like Kodachrome from the edge 50s and 60s or Agfa Chrome from 70s. [Read more…]
Nik Software has launched HDR Efex Pro 2 with several updates to the HDR processing program. Nik says that it has improved HDR Efex Pro 2 to be faster, more powerful, deliver more realistic results, and easier to use than ever.
Key new features are listed below. [Read more…]
Adobe Lightroom 4 is officially out of the gate after a brief leak last week. The price for the full version at launch is $149 (half off the $299 list). Upgrades drop $20 less, down to $79.
If you’ve been following along with the beta release, then you have a pretty good idea what Lightroom 4 is like; however, we’ll hit the highlights below for those wondering what all the fuss is about. [Read more…]
Zoner Software has just released Zoner Photo Studio 14, which includes a number of new features. Some of those key features include: [Read more…]
Apple has released an updated version of Aperture, which features open plug-in compatibility. This means that you can expect to see third-party plug-ins like Nik’s Viveza and PictureCode’s Noise Ninja in Aperture soon. It’s great to see a streamlined RAW-processing program like Aperture opened up. Hopefully, Adobe will do the same with Lightroom soon. [Read more…]
Earlier today Apple announced the release of Aperture 2, which is the follow-up to Apples original streamlined RAW image editor. At $100, Aperture 2 is a force to be reckoned with and could attract a few photographers that are in a coin-tossing mode between Aperture and Adobe Lightroom. The new, improved Aperture 2 has over 100 new features. Update: Also available for $189 from Amazon. Some of the highlighted features are as follows:
- Image adjustment controls such as Highlight Recovery, Definition, Vibrancy, and Vignette
- Retouch tool with soft-edged brush to remove unwanted elements from photos.
- Next-generation RAW image processing for highest-quality images
- Quick Preview mode for rapid-fire photo browsing
- Simplified user interface that maximizes screen space and provides direct access to your iPhoto library from within Aperture
- Integration with .Mac Web Gallery to instantly publish your photos, allowing visitors to view and download images [Read more…]