The backlog of RAW file support for new cameras is starting to build up. Hopefully, that backlog will break on March 25 if that latest leaks from an Australia retailer are legit.
- Face recognition without metadata tagging
- Merge to HDR for combining multiple photos with different exposures into a single HDR image
- Fusion panoramas for merging multiple files (including RAW files) to create panoramas in Lightroom
- GPU acceleration for image editing
- Sophisticated video slideshows that allow you to combine images, movies and music, along with adding Ken Burns effect to images
- Optimized web galleries with HTML5 compatible galleries
The Merge to HDR and Fusion Panorama features promise some pretty amazing steps forward for RAW image processing. Both should lean heavily on GPU acceleration for faster processing those edits. Additionally, the face recognition feature, if it works well, will be a major boon to organizing libraries that have maybe gotten out of control over the years.
Which features are you most looking forward to?
Stay tuned for more as we move closer to the launch.
[via Fuji Rumors]