One of the new “big” features of the Nikon D4S was a new mirror balancer and damping mechanism that reduces bounce during high speed bursts, which the D4S can deliver at 11fps. The comparison is pretty telling of the improvement when compared to the D4 operating at 10fps. You should notice that the D4S mirror bounces less between frames and the distance of the bounce is shorter as well.
Bonus fact: This video was filmed in slow motion on the Nikon 1 V2 at 1200 FPS.
After an earlier tease of a Nikon D4x rumor last month, it appears that the rumor is now building that a flagship D4x will be unveiled in 2013. Given the persisting rumors of a D7000 replacement, this makes two killer Nikon DSLRs rumored for this year.
Nikon D4x Key Rumored Points
- Same body as the Nikon D4
- 36 MP sensor without AA filter, designed and made by Nikon, with some new improvements (moire in-camera reduction)
- 6 fps (11 fps is the maximum possible fps with the current shutter)
- Few video improvements
- Price should be few hundred dollars above the existing Nikon D4 (currently listed for $5996.95).
- Announcement expected in fall of 2013
[via Nikon Rumors]
However, stepping away from the numbers, the Canon 1D X is a heckuva camera that can certainly hold its own in just about any shooting environment.
What do you think about the DxO score and comparisons for the Canon 1D X? Would these test results sway your opinion of the camera?
[via DxO Labs]