Topaz Clarity is the latest addition to the Topaz plug-in suite. If you are a fan of Lightroom and Camera Raw’s ‘Clarity’ slider, then Topaz Clarity just might be your favorite new plug-in. [Read more…]
Topaz Labs has updated B&W Effects 2 to version 2.1. New features in version 2.1 include the following:
- A Zone System: Allows users to identify various zones in their images as well as observe the changes in zones as exposure and other adjustments are made.This is not an adjustment tool, but a visual aid.
- Borders: Prior versions of B&W Effects only had a choice of 2 borders: Solid Black or Solid White. This version adds many more options!
- Tone Quicktools: Similar to the Color Filter buttons, quicktools have been added for Silver and Paper toning for: Selenium, Cyanotype (Gold/Blue), Copper (Red), Sepia and Antique Dye
- Apply Button: This feature allows a user to apply changes without having to exit the program. Multiple presets can be applied one on top of another and so forth.
- Language Support: B&W v2.1 supports Spanish, French, German, (Brazilian) Portugese, Japanese and Chinese (Simplified and Taiwanese). If your machine has one of these languages set in the region/language settings, the UI will be rendered in that language.
The upgrade is free for existing users and is available at a discount through April 21, 2013. Use the coupon code bw21 to get 30% off Topaz B&W Effects 2 or the complete bundle on Topaz Labs’ website.
Topaz Labs will be hosting a free webinar on Fine Art Nature Photography. The webinar will be presented by Tony Sweet on Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM EST.
Join Tony Sweet for an inspiring session on how he uses Topaz plug-ins in his fine art nature photography workflow.
Tony is a highly-recognized professional nature photographer whose work has been published worldwide in every medium. Tony is a Nikon Legend Behind the Lens, lecturer, co-owner/operator of the Visual Artistry Workshop Series and is represented by Getty Images. He is also the author of 5 books in his Fine Art Photography Series and co-producer of 5 instructional DVDs.
You can register for the free webinar here through Topaz Labs.
Topaz Labs’ product lineup includes the following plugins: Adjust, DeNoise, ReMask, B&W Effects, Simplify, Detail, Lens Effects, Clean, InFocus and DeJPEG. All are available here on Topaz Labs’ website.
Topaz Labs has just released Simplify 4, which offers a number of improvements, including:
- New Adjustment Sliders. Instantly add depth and tonality to create realistic artistic effects using Dynamics, structure and structure boost sliders.
- Instant Transformations with over 100 new presets to help stimulate your creative juices.
- Preset Organization via convenient effect categories – so you can easily find and apply the perfect look in seconds.
- Intuitive 4-in-1 selective brush to dodge, burn, smooth, and brush out adjustments.
Plus advanced edge-aware technology for precise selections every time!
- Integration of the Apply button – so you can stack multiple presets during the same workflow and build your own style.
- Finishing Touches tab with options for vignette, toning and transparency.
Along with the launch of Simplify 4, Topaz is offering a 30% discount that applies to Simplify 4 and the Topaz Bundle or Bundle Upgrade. Just use the coupon code GETSIMPLIFIED when checking out here on Topaz Labs’ website.
Topaz has updated photoFXlab to version 1.2. In this latest version, you have the ability to save your project (layers using a new topaz file format), 3-party plug-in support (for select .8bf plug-ins), cropping grid overlay (stand-alone mode only), and Apple Aperture plug-in support.
If you aren’t familiar with photoFXlab, it is a standalone application that can also be accessed as a plugin. It allows you to work with layers of Topaz effects in a single interface.
Topaz has also extended the $50 savings through August 31. Just use the coupon code CreateFX at checkout on Topaz Labs’ website to get photoFXlab for $29.95.
For those of you on the fence about Topaz’s new B&W Effects plug-in for Photoshop, Lightroom and Aperture, the introductory price on it expires next week.
It’s $29.99 now (with coupon code “bwandbeyond”), but will go up to $59.99 next week on October 3. You can also still check out the free trial to see if it’s for you.
Topaz Labs’ latest plug-in, B&W Effects, is now available for Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture or Photoshop Elements.
B&W Effects is equipped with a number of presets that provide you with a solid starting point for generating a black and white image. You can also create a black and white image using only the manual controls – or do something in between by tweaking the preset to your liking. [Read more…]
Topaz Labs recently unveiled its new Lens Effects plug-in for Photoshop. Lens Effects allows you to apply depth of field effects and other effects to your images during post processing. Lens Effects uses a depth map for fine tuning out of focus areas, which helps make the depth of field look more natural and optical-based. [Read more…]
Topaz Labs has announced the upgrade of its popular DeNoise plug-in to version 5. Topaz Labs claims that DeNoise 5 is twice as fast as the prior version. DeNoise 5 works with Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Aperture, iPhoto and Lightroom.
DeNoise 5 is available on the Topaz Labs website and is a free upgrade for existing DeNoise customers and retails for $79.99.
More details in the press release below. [Read more…]