Panasonic showed off its upcoming Lumix S Series under glass at its CES 2019 booth. The Panasonic Lumix S1 and S1R were previously announced at Photokina 2018 and feature the Leica L mount to support the full frame sensor of the new product line. [Read more…]
Panasonic has officially announced a new roadmap lens – the Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 50-200mm f/2.8-4 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. lens. On the Micro Four Thirds platform, it serves as a 100-400mm equivalent telephoto zoom.
Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 50-200mm f/2.8-4 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. Lens Key Features
- Two UED Elements, Two ED Elements
- Two Aspherical Elements, One UHR Element
- Nano Surface Coating
- High-Speed 240 fps AF System
- POWER Optical Image Stabilizer
- Splash, Dust, and Freezeproof Design
The new Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 50-200mm f/2.8-4 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. lens retails for $1699 and will ship in June 2018. You can pre-order the lens here at B&H Photo.
B&H has the new Panasonic Leica DG Elmarit 200mm f/2.8 POWER OIS lens in stock and ready to ship. Check it out here at B&H Photo.
This week is CES 2018 in Las Vegas and there were several new photography products unveiled earlier this week. Below is a short overview and thoughts on some of the key gear. [Read more…]
Panasonic unveiled its new Lumix GH5S this week at CES 2018. It’s built for a low-light and video shooting with a 10.3MP Micro Four Thirds image sensor. It looks a lot like Panasonic’s version of Sony’s A7S product line.
Panasonic Lumix GH5S Key Features
- 10.28MP Multi Aspect Ratio MOS Sensor
- DCI 4K60p and Full HD 1080/240p Video
- Internal 4:2:2 10-Bit Long GOP
- V-Log L Gamma and HDR Hybrid Log Gamma
- 0.76x 3.68m-Dot OLED Viewfinder
- 3.2″ 1.62m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen
- Dual Native ISO 400 and ISO 2500
- Dual UHS-II SD Slots; Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- Advanced DFD AF System
- 12 fps Cont. Shooting and 4K PHOTO Modes
Note the key features mostly highlight the video features and reinforces its position as a camera made for the video enthusiasts and pros. Nonetheless, it is still a full featured photography tool that captures 10.3MP RAW image files and up to 12fps. However, it’s worth noting that Panasonic did not include the sensor-shift stabilization inside the GH5S in order to avoid problems with sensor movement during video capture.
The Panasonic GH5S retails for $2499 and should be available in February. You can pre-order it and get the full spec list here at B&H Photo.