Red Giant recently announced Magic Bullet Suite 13, which is a major update to the software suite that includes updates to all apps within. The update includes GPU acceleration, color correction with OpenCL support for real-time playback in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, and more key highlights, including: [Read more…]
Red Giant has updated Magic Bullet Suite to version 12 with several product updates and a new Magic Bullet Film tool, which includes 22 negative stocks and four print stocks. Updates to products in Magic Bullet Suite 12 include:
- Magic Bullet Looks 3.0
- Magic Bullet Colorista III
- Magic Bullet Mojo 2.0
- Magic Bullet Cosmo 2.0
Red Giant recently launched ‘Tempo,’ which is a clever short film that highlights what’s possible with its video software suites.
Red Giant has take wraps off of Magic Bullet Photo Looks 2. The feature set matches up with that of Looks 2 (the video app), which means you can now share presets between photo and video host apps.
Additional new features include:
- Reorganized interface. Your workspace is cleaner and more intuitive, keeping the heart of PhotoLooks 1 while making it easier to create new looks.
- Advanced color correction. Get incredible professional post-processing power (say that 3x’s fast) with Magic Bullet tools like 3-Way Wheels, Pop and Ranged HSL.
- Reveal your true colors. Analyze the precision of important colors with four new scopes for Memory Colors, Skin Overlay, Hue/Saturation and Hue/Lightness.
- Make your talent glow. Cosmetic cleanup is now easy with the Cosmo tool for adjusting skin tones and blemishes.
- Sweet upgrade price. Pay only $49 if you already own PhotoLooks 1.5.
- Free for Suite owners. Get a free upgrade if you already own Magic Bullet Suite.
Full retail is $199. More details on Red Giant’s website.
I neglected to note this last week when I wrote about the Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.3 upgrade; however, one of the many fixes provided in the update was a hurdle that Red Giant had with implementing Magic Bullet Looks in Final Cut Pro X.
I’ve been using Magic Bullet Mojo with FCP X since it was released. Simple, clean and smooth integration with the FCP X interface. Now that Looks is integrated with FCP X, I’ll be using it on some upcoming projects. In what little I’ve played around in it, I’ve been overly pleased with the interface. I’ll let you know if there are any problems as I use it more, and I welcome your thoughts as well. So far though, so good.
Magic Bullet Looks is only $199 through tomorrow, Feb. 7 (that’s half off). Coupon code LOOKSFCPX50 required. The FCP X Looks upgrade is free for existing Looks users.
Check out the video from Red Giant below. [Read more…]
B&H just emailed me this deal, $598.95 gets you a Nikon D3100 with an 18-55mm VR lens and a Red Giant Software Production Bundle, which includes:
- Magic Bullet Quick Looks 1.2
- Magic Bullet Grinder
- Magic Bullet PhotoLooks 1.5
- Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop
The software alone would set you back almost $500 if you buy it from Red Giant’s website.
B&H says they have limited quantities at this price. Here’s the link to D3100 product page at B&H.
If you want to know more about the D3100, you can check out my Nikon D3100 review here.
Both deals include a special B&H bundle of Red Giant Software, which is made up of Magic Bullet Quick Looks 1.2, Magic Bullet Grinder, Magic Bullet PhotoLooks 1.5 and Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop. The Red Giant bundle alone would cost almost $500 to order direct from Red Giant.
Red Giant Software (make of the popular video editing plug-in Magic Bullet Looks) has launched a pair of new iPhone Apps – Movie Looks and Noir. [Read more…]